Betler team is a sports and gaming platform team that represents Superbet’s key differentiation - cloud based architecture and taking advantage of the power of the cloud in all its components, real time data architecture and a streaming based architecture that enables real time data to empower its users. We are looking for an Engineering manager to join our growing team here at Happening. There are ≈25 people in Betler, all working closely together in cross-functional teams with the goal of building the internal proprietary platform to drive the Superbet business across all countries we operate in. We are looking for am experienced Engineering Manager to aid the Betler team as we continue to provide a scalable, reliable and maintainable streaming driven Sports and Gaming platform.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Engineering background, previous experience as a developer is a must
- Experience resolving complex engineering and communication issues
- Great time management, organizational and multitasking skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with developing, deploying, and maintaining microservices-oriented apps
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the team of engineers; reporting directly to you will be engineers (tech leads, software engineers, QAs)
- Ensure growth and development opportunities for all team members which includes: employee coaching and mentoring, identifying and removing roadblocks and distractions, running regular 1:1s and feedback sessions with team members, performing performance reviews for the direct reports
- Nurturing a strong relationship with other engineering managers, technical leads and product managers
- Stakeholder coordination: defining priorities, managing expectations, ensuring regular updates and follow-ups regarding the teams scope of work
- Supporting engineering department goals by setting team requirements, goals and timelines
- Making relevant technical and business decisions that ensure predictable delivery in terms of timelines, stability, and performance
- Building and maintaining the culture of engineering excellence - we don’t cut corners when it comes to quality and reliability
You can expect
Happening is the technology engine powering Superbet Group's global platforms and brands that bring thrill to customers across the world every day. We are a game-changing tech company rewriting the rules of sports betting and gaming. We are shaking up the status quo by building our own end-to-end tech stack, solving deep and complex challenges for millions of customers and shaping our culture to work uniquely for the tech community. A true challenger, our technology handles serious scale on par with the Big Techs, and customer obsession runs through every team. Building our own platform gives freedom to innovate and flip the legacy perceptions and industry stereotypes.
Should we talk? Let's do it!